Getting The Compensation You Need After An Injury Caused By Someone Else
No one expects to go about their day and be hurt. But crashes, collisions and slips and trips do happen. When someone else caused the “accident” we can help you purse the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages, damaged car or other losses.
Call our team at Work Injury Law Group in Lawndale for a free consultation and assessment of your injury and case. Call 310-299-8945.
What Is Personal Injury Law?
If you are injured by another person and want to bring a lawsuit, you are the “plaintiff.” The person who caused the accident or injury in the case is the “defendant.” In fatal accidents, the family of the decedent may bring a wrongful death suit against the person, business or entity responsible for the accident.
The objective in a personal injury lawsuit is generally to recover monetary compensation. This is because if you are injured you will be out of work and lose wages, and you will have significant medical bills. You may also have damage to your car or property. There are also considerations for your pain and suffering.
We will seek to prove five things:
- The defendant had a duty of care (for example, to not text while driving)
- The defendant’s breach of that duty (the defendant was texting)
- Actual causation (by not paying attention to the road the driver hit you)
- Proximate causation (this caused your injuries)
- Actual damages (the damage to your car, your lost wages, your medical bills and other potential damages).
We can discuss what happened to you and the damages that are likely to be pursued, when we meet.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Take
It’s always in your best interest to talk to a personal injury attorney if you are hurt by what someone else did. As attorneys with a focus on California personal injury, we accept a wide variety of cases. These include:
- Motor vehicle collisions including trucks and motorcycles
- Bicycle and pedestrian injuries, typically caused by the driver of a car or vehicle
- Premises liability, also called slip-and-fall cases
- Professional malpractice, when a doctor, pharmacist or dentist makes a serious error
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
In personal injury cases, most injuries are the result of negligent or reckless conduct. We also help workers who were injured while on the job or performing work duties.
What Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
There are no upfront costs to file a claim. We take care of the costs. You do not pay anything unless we recover a settlement or verdict for you.
You should keep copies of everything to bring to your meeting with us. This includes all the receipts, police reports, photos of damage to you and your vehicle (if there was one) and your auto insurance information if it was a vehicle crash. Also get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the injury.
Schedule A Free Case Assessment With Our Attorney
Get a free case analysis by meeting with our team of attorneys. It costs nothing. We will answer your questions and tell you what your options are. Call 310-299-8945 or reach us electronically via our online contact form. In Lawndale, we serve injured clients throughout Southern California.